What is Plantjotter?
Plantjotter is a dynamic web based application enabling you to create a personalized website to record everything you want about your gardening efforts.
- Jot down notes to keep track of what’s working, what’s not and ideas for the future in the garden journal or
- Record what you planted when and where as well as bloom times in your plant list, or
- Store photos with notes to remind you of your brilliant work in photo albums, or
- Plan and organize your time by creating your “to dos” in a personalized maintenance calendar, or
- All of the above.
Here you can:
And if you want to share and discuss your garden with the Plantjotter community, that will be coming in the near future.
For the initial launch of Plantjotter, the general garden calendar and the plant database are targeted to Northern gardeners. However, all of the features can be used by anyone no matter where you garden. Alternative calendars and an expanded plant database will be added in future enhancements.
Why would I use Plantjotter?
- It keeps you organized by providing a centralized place to keep gardening records whether it’s your photos, notes, journal entries, plant lists or calendar.
- It helps you remember. Keeping simple notes or journal entries will help you remember those ideas, successes, failures, and things you had to research.
- Easy recall. By using tag words and search function, you can easily retrieve specific information. No more rifling through loose leaf paper and notebooks.
- It makes you happy. You work hard at your garden and it provides you a lot of joy. Why not record your toil and joy? It will make you smile when you refer back to it in the middle of winter.
There are many benefits to using Plantjotter, including:
Also, your information is securely stored and regularly backed up on servers. Read more about the technical information of the site in the About Plantjotter section.
What do I need to use Plantjotter?
Plantjotter is a web-based application. There are no downloads to install or software to maintain. All you need is a web browser (which you're using right now to read this page)!
Plantjotter should run on all modern web browsers including Internet Explorer 7 and newer, Firefox 3 and newer, Safari 3 and newer and Google Chrome. Even if your browser isn't listed here, it will still likely work fine, as well. We've spent a lot of time building a standards-compliant experience to run across as many environments as possible.
How do I get started?
To get started, simply sign up by using your email and creating a password. You can try out and use the features for free for 30 days before deciding if you want to subscribe. We will never sell or share your email or personal information and only use it to contact you about your Plantjotter account, features and updates. If you do decide to subscribe, your credit card information is handled by a secure payment service and is not seen or stored by Plantjotter.
How much does it cost to join Plantjotter?
If after your 30-day trial you would like to join Plantjotter you can continue to use the features and enjoy benefits of the application by subscribing for one year or three years. The one-year subscription price is $21 per year (equal to $1.75 per month). The three-year subscription price is $45 (equal to $15 per year or $1.25 per month).
Why should I have to subscribe to use Plantjotter?
While Plantjotter thinks you should spend your money on plants and your time outside in the garden, we also think keeping track of your efforts is helpful, important and rewarding. We set the subscription price to be affordable and yet support the development and maintenance of the dynamic features and benefits it offers without any advertising. Advertising is not a bad thing; we just think it doesn’t belong in your personal garden journal.